Friday, August 18, 2006

Hanging on Every Word You Say

I've heard that distance makes the heart grow fonder. Maybe I understood it, but it never seemed to work for me. Any long distance relationship, be it dating or friendship, basically ended in a drifting apart. At least that's how I saw it.

Hazel went away to be with her family for a little while, I had work and thus wasn't able to go along which ment that I haven't seen her for over a week. Mind you we've talked on the phone every night and have sent numerous text messages through the day, but I don't think I've ever been more excited to see her than I am right now :)

Since she's been gone I've been able to live life as a single man again, and I forgot how boring it actually is, especially when all your roomates have their girlfriends around to keep them company so that I was pretty much just left by myself . . . One can only play so many games on an old Dreamcast System.

That's the hard thing; I'm going to be with Hazel this weekend, no doubt about that. However, it's been almost years since I've seen some of my friends around here and I think that Hazel is planning on visiting her mom that lives out of the valley. So as much as I might want to see old friends (the distance has certainly made me fonder of them,) there will only be a small window of opportunity.

Love is full of conflict . . .

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Dear boy, I was so happy to hear from you this weekend. I wish things had worked out so that we could all get together and play. You're right. Distance does make the heart grow fonder-- I think because after so long an absence, we start to realize that something is missing. Every once in a while, I think we all need a little Burly time. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home