Tuesday, February 28, 2006

1 + 1 = 1?

I don't quite know what you'd call it, but according to those around me, I've broken up with Tom. Now I'm free to pursue things with Harmony and I'm rather excited for it. However, my mind has been wondering.

What does it mean to be dating? This question was posed to me by a good friend just recently, and at the time I thought I knew the answer pretty well. Both Tom and Harmony have proven otherwise, seeing as I don't quite see our relationships fitting the criteria which I had given to my friend previously.

As I've pondered on this matter it's come to me that maybe the relationships with these two girls are more like "dating" than what my views actually are and my views are actually what dating the right person evolves to.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I think that dating doesn't mean the same thing to everyone, and I think that when your definition of dating matches that of the person who you would like to be dating, then things make a lot more sense. Probably more sense than what I just wrote.

More than once, I've noticed that I don't always define dating in the same way that my significant other does. I think this is in part due to a communication break-down, and in part because different people expect different things.

I can't wait til it matches, because I think that will make all the difference in the world. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home